Title: What is Practitioner-Led Action Research (PLAR)? Led by Jim Crowther, Senior Lecturer in Community Education, University of Edinburgh
Date: Wednesday 22 October 2014
The aim of the webinar is to introduce and explore what is meant by ‘Practitioner-led Action Research’ (PLAR).
By the end of the webinar you should be able to:
- identify what is meant by PLAR? (In terms of history, distinctiveness and purpose);
- understand the importance of naming the problem and identifying assumptions made;
- make links between professionalism and PLAR, including links to the 2014 Professional Standards; and
- begin to formulate your research question(s).
- What is PLAR? poster by Jim Crowther
- What is PLAR? videos:
- Webinar and breakout room slides
- Post webinar 1 tasks (to complete before the first peer working group)